Health & Safety
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU ARRIVE
Due to ongoing safety measures, guests arriving to stay with us should expect to experience the following:
- Our dining options are operating at a reduced capacity and under the following restrictions:
- Breakfast – Breakfast to-go boxes will be available.
- Lunch – Lunch to-go boxes will be available.
- Bar – Currently serving beer, wine, and cocktails.
- Concierge / Bellman – Not available until further notice.
- While daily housekeeping services will not be provided during your stay, you can request fresh bathroom towels at any time by contacting the Front Desk.
GRAND HOTEL AT THE GRAND CANYON HEALTH & SAFETY PROGRAM
As a company that has operated for over 150 years in some of the most beautiful places on earth, we take pride in every aspect of our operations to deliver an unforgettable experience to our guests. From our front-of-house staff to our housekeepers to our kitchens, our focus on the health and safety of our guests and employees has always been fundamental to our operations as is our dedication to providing guests with flexibility to modify, customize, or cancel reservations. It is simply Second Nature to how we operate.
As we navigate these new and interesting times, we are evaluating every aspect of our operations and taking steps to strengthen employee and guest safety. This page on our website will be a resource to understand all of the practices we have in place regarding the health and safety of our employees and guests. We look forward to welcoming you to the magical place that we are fortunate enough to call home.
Working with Experts
We continue to adopt appropriate sanitization measures as prescribed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and encourage you to refer to this respected resource as you make your own near-term travel plans. Our company is in frequent contact with local authorities and partners such as County Health Departments and the National Park Service to continually monitor the situation on a regional level. Together with our internal Health & Safety Team, Xanterra is also consulting with health experts to develop new operational protocols in keeping with governmental guidelines. We are closely monitoring government policy changes, CDC guidelines, government mandates, and public health advancements, and will continue to make changes as necessary and appropriate to our operations.
What are We Doing to Keep Employees and Guests Safe?
At The Grand Hotel at The Grand Canyon, the safety of our guests and staff is a top priority. Our operations include lodging, food and beverage, tours, recreation, retail, and management of many public spaces. We are addressing each area of our business with a Health & Safety Team from the Xanterra Corporate Office, working in concert with our management teams in the field at each of our locations. The cross-functional team has developed a comprehensive set of policies and protocols to enhance safety for our guests and employees across all Xanterra brands.
These ongoing efforts include:
- Ongoing Cleaning: Xanterra is exercising increased vigilance in cleaning public spaces and disinfecting hard surfaces at all of our operations including but not limited to lobbies, registration, restrooms, counters, furniture, room keys, elevators, telephones, guest check-in areas, food outlets, cash registers, and tour vehicles. Our operations use cleaning products and protocols that meet EPA guidelines and are approved for use as a suite of solutions effective against viruses, bacteria and other and bloodborne pathogens. Our Corporate Supply Chain Management Team is working with our vendors, distribution partners and suppliers to ensure an uninterrupted supply of these cleaning supplies.
- Hand Sanitizer: Hand sanitizer dispensers, touchless whenever possible, will be placed at key guest and employee entrances and contact areas such as reception areas, hotel lobbies, restaurant entrances, and exercise areas.
- Guest Rooms: Standardized company cleaning and sanitizing protocols are used to clean guest rooms, with particular attention paid to high-touch items including TV remote controls, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks and luggage racks. Our operations use cleaning products and protocols that meet EPA guidelines and are approved for use as a suite of solutions effective against viruses, bacteria and other and bloodborne pathogens. All bed linen and laundry will be changed and continue to be washed according to COVID-19 Interim Guidance put forth by the Association for Linen Management (ALM) and in accordance with CDC guidelines. Dirty linen will be bagged in the guest room to eliminate excess contact while being transported to the laundry facility. The frequency of air filter replacement and HVAC system cleaning has been increased and fresh air exchange will be maximized.
- Employee Training: All employees will receive training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols with more comprehensive training for our teams with frequent guest contact including Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, Public Area Department, Hotel Operations and Security. Employee pre-shift meetings will be conducted in areas that allow for appropriate physical distancing between employees. Hand sanitizer will be available at appropriate key locations and employees will be required to wash their hands after clocking in and throughout their workday.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Appropriate PPE will be worn by all employees based on their role and responsibilities and in adherence with state or local regulations and CDC guidance. Training on how to properly use and dispose of all PPE will be mandatory. Gloves will be provided to employees whose responsibilities require them as determined by our Health & Safety Team in consultation with medical experts. This includes housekeeping, other public area attendants and security officers in direct contact with guests.
COVID-19 RESPONSE PLAN
Xanterra takes great pride in our company safety and health record. Still, in these times we may find that we have to respond to a case of COVID-19 in our community. Every location within the company initiated an Incident Response Team very early in the COVID-19 event. These teams have worked tirelessly to keep our communities safe and return to business in a responsible manner. These teams all have detailed response plans in place should we have to react to an exposure event. These plans include employee and guest communication, super sanitation by industrial hygiene-certified cleaning companies and consultation with experts to create a safe environment.
- Increase lobby bathroom cleaning and disinfecting frequency every (2) Two Hours. Disinfect all door handles, surfaces and equipment every hour in all guest areas.
- Social distancing structure in place to ensure guests are six feet apart and in groups of fewer than 10 people in guest registration area, gift shop and food to-go areas (utilize line queuing floor decals and greeters to ensure social distancing).
- Communicate with guests that stay over services will only be available upon request.
- Train laundry and housekeeping staff on procedures for handling linens based on guidance from Association for Linen Management (ALM).
- Employees will use gloves when handling cleaning chemicals, preparing food, disposing of trash, cleaning bathrooms, exposed to blood borne pathogens, handling luggage and processing packages/mail.
- Employee temperature screenings upon arrival to work using thermal forehead thermometer. Those registering a temperature of 100.4 degree Fahrenheit or higher will be denied entry to the area and instructed to contact the local clinic for evaluation.
- Install register shields in POS areas, to include front desk, gift shop and F&B.
- No touch solutions shall be arranged for guest transactions.
- Front Desk – Mobile keys for cellphone app will be available, credit card and room charge transactions will be the preferred method of payment to limit cash transactions.
- Gift Shop – No receipt signing, credit card transactions will be encouraged through signage.
- Restaurant – No receipt signing, room charges and credit card transactions will be encouraged through signage.
- Hand sanitizer stations placed at lobby, gift shop, hotel, point of sale areas, and food and beverage entrances.
- Gathering in public spaces will be discouraged based on state guidelines
- Elevator usage will be restricted to one employee or guest at a time.
- Exterior entrances are available on 1st and 2nd floor.
- Staff will be encouraged to use stairwells when applicable.
- Vendors and contractors will be asked to wear appropriate PPE for the tasks they are performing on property, which the vendor or contractor should supply.
- Receiving employees will disinfect all deliveries upon arrival or quarantine items for 24 hours.
- Guests being isolated or quarantined will receive meal service and trash and linen pick up in accordance with our Care Guide.
BOOK AND TRAVEL WITH CONFIDENCE
In these uncertain times, it’s hard to know when will be the right time to travel again. You can plan and book with confidence knowing that you can cancel your reservation right up to 72 hours in advance of arrival and receive a full refund. More good news: when making a reservation, we only require a deposit for the first night of your stay.
Should you have any questions or concerns, feel free to give us a call (7a-7p MT) at 1-888-634-7263. We look forward to showing you A World of Unforgettable Experiences® during your stay.
Note: These standards and protocols may evolve with time and are subject to change.
A Message from Our Parent Company, Xanterra Travel Collection®
We appreciate your desire to travel with the brands of the Xanterra Travel Collection® and our policies are designed to give you confidence in booking trips with our brands. If you would like to learn the health and safety standards the brands of the Xanterra Travel Collection® share, click here.